Clean W7 install and CP8 is.......

Useless!!!..I have a whole new set of GUI problems on the cleanest OS I could ever have, when I open a project the project window appears to think that I have 10 screens, the window seems to be around 3 meters long and around 15 centimeters deep…and I can’t do anything with it, can’t resize it…nothing!!

this is a very disappointing and I think “rushed” release…so much wrong with it it’s contemptible :imp:

never had an unusable upgrade before, who tests this stuff, there are peeps having trouble with the metronome even.
how did that get past quality control?
I am livid at the time I’ve spent just to figure out that it aint my fault…

so what the heck am I supposed to do now…they’ve got my 82 quid and I’ve got to wait till they feel like fixing this bag of junk…

If I close and re open I have a small project window and If I touch it it disappears of the end of the screens at lighting speed
to form a very long and slim project window which is then unresponsive…

Kevin…very p…d off :imp:

+1

C8 has been the worst update ever for me too.

I’ve lost one mix already and have had to remix some songs only again due to C8 changing track parameters on its own!

Need a patch. Now

I got some help from tech support. But it was pretty unhelpful. They noted I was on an officially-unsupported video card for my Mac Pro version and I had some ECC errors on one of my RAM DIMMs… But, to accept that this is only affecting Cubase 8? Come on…

did they admit that there is actually something wrong with CP8 ?
and if C7 is working fine (which it is for me) then that puts the ball firmly in their court,

If I wasn’t such a dumbo with puters I’d dump this and get pro tools or whatever…just a pain to figure out how to use something else.
out of curiosity, what vid card have you got, I hope they support Radeon 6800 series or that’s it…no more updates

cheers, Kevin

Ha ha! Very funny… :wink: No, they didn’t admit to anything. But they’re obviously getting swampled with issues.

If I wasn’t such a dumbo with puters I’d dump this and get pro tools or whatever…just a pain to figure out how to use something else.

I’ve been on the fence of late. I almost changed to Logic after increasingly unstable behaviour from Cubase post-C4. But, couldn’t motivate self to make the leap. It’s missing some features that just make it so hard for me to want to commit… Like choosing between current girlfriend and a new girl… :slight_smile:
Pro Tools isn’t any harder to use—just different. But, I wouldn’t go PT unless I suddenly jumped up a couple income brackets. Each plugin I own is usually 25-50% more expensive for Pro Tools version. :frowning:

out of curiosity, what vid card have you got, I hope they support Radeon 6800 series or that’s it…no more updates

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 (My setup is in my signature). Not listed as supported on Apple’s official page, but it’s been through the Mac Pro community’s ringers and sold to me by a shop in the States that specializes in Mac Pro hardware and refurbishing. It’s guaranteed to work in Mac Pro 3.1—and it does (except, possibly for one app—Cubase Pro 8!)

it’s listed in your sig…of course it is, told you i was a dumbo :laughing:

good luck and lets hope a fix comes along very very soon…Kevin