Clef change prevents rit marking

When I try to apply a ritenuto to a section that includes a clef change, the ritenuto line does not span the entire selection (see video).

When I remove the clef change, the line works as expected and spans the correct range.

I don’t think this is a project specific issue, but just in case I’m including the project where I first observed this behavior. Parker.dorico (804.5 KB)

Thanks for reporting this. I can see why this is going wrong. Dorico collects information about where to create the line and for how long its duration should be from the selected items, and it ends up preferring the information it gathers from the stream containing the clef change (which applies to the whole staff) over the information it gathers from the stream containing the notes. We’ll be able to improve this in a future version.

For the time being, if you select the first note and then Ctrl+click (or Command-click on macOS) the note at which you want the line to end, instead of using Shift+click, you should find it works as expected.

2 Likes