Clef Mess

I’ve got an odd issue with clefs. I can’t seem to figure it out and I haven’t found anything on the forum. I was copying and pasting material and noticed the bass clef was displaying in treble clef. As I scrolled through it (in Galley Mode) I noticed there was a treble clef (maybe from a previous cue) showing up in the margin (Screenshot attached). There was no way to see it, select it, unhide it that I could tell. I tried adding a bass clef, the treble clef still persisted. I tried creating a treble clef and then two treble clefs showed up. Oddly enough, in page view there is no problem. The material shows up as intended in Bass clef. This is specific to Galley View.

Does anyone know what’s going on?
Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 6.06.15 PM.png

If you would please cut down your project to the smallest size that reproduces the problem (e.g. save it under a new name, delete any irrelevant flows and players, and delete any unnecessary bars) then zip it and attach it here, we can take a look. If you can’t do that for some reason, please email the whole project to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de including a link to this thread in your email.

Daniel,

Thanks for your reply and I apologize for taking so long to reply. I have been working towards a deadline and didn’t have time get to this until today. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the issue seems to have resolved itself, so I’m unable to reproduce it. If it’s of any value, the music was an XML import from Photoscore and once in Dorico, I would have copied the material from a (treble) voice part to the bass part. I suspect some sort of artifact from either XML or the copy/paste from treble clef was at fault. Perhaps a simple re-starting of the program solved it. Who knows. I’m glad it’s resolved, but apologize for not getting the project to you for analysis. I’m am so impressed with the program and rate of development. I can’t say enough good things about Dorico and am working on switching to Dorico at our University where I teach engraving. Keep up the good work!

OK, I’m glad to know everything is working as it should be now. If the problem comes up again, please do save a copy of the project at that point so we can have a poke around in it. Thanks!

If you need any support from us to help drive adoption of Dorico at your university, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We are happy to send representatives to visit institutions to do demos, training, answer questions and provide whatever support might be necessary to get Dorico in there.