Click disappearing on loop record

Running 11.0.3 Pro and when I am doing loop recording, when it comes back to the beginning of the loop, the click track stops making sound. Anyone found a solution for this? This is a new bug for me. Thanks!

Hej,

is your loop set 100% to the grid (downbeat)? Because if its just a tiny bit of Cubase skips the first beat after repeat…

It’s set to a grid. I am using varying time signatures and a tempo track that changes. It doesn’t skip the first beat only interestingly. In fact it does the very first click and then no click for the whole loop.

What the heck?
Sounds weird. So normally it’s the first that’s not working when the loop is not set correct…
So I tried it used several tempochanges and timesignatures and set up a loop - worked perfectly well.
Did you write automation during the time of the loop?
Are you using the normal click or any special audio sounds for the click?
Is it a very big project?
One way to avoit this would be: Project > Signature Track > Render Audio Click between Locators
Not a perfect solution but you could work with this…

I’ll have to investigate further. This is for a film cue, so there’s a video track, irregular tempo, and several key signature changes within the loop. It’s not a very big project. Less than 30 tracks. I’ll look deeper in to it. I figured I’d check here to see if this was a known issue. I’ll look at it and post what I find.

1 Like

Hi, I got exactly the same issue as described above. It is a new project and I have not changed anything since the last time I used Cubase.
I have been successfully working with this Cubase version for years. I am working with Cubase Pro 10.5.
After the loop cycles for the first time the first hit is still played and than the click can not be heard anymore. It comes back immediately after clicking somewhere in the project, turning the click on / off or start / stop the track. This phenomenal seams not to be bound to the length of the loop / time signature or if you are recording or just playing back.
The click is still send to Midi Out.
Hope that someone out there figured this issue out by now.

Found a solution: seams to be a bug with the tempo track, deactivating and reactivating it once solved the issue, problem was in all my prior projects too where the tempo track was active … hope this helps others :slight_smile: