Click + Drag on empty space in project window not possible

This has been possible before but now the project elements continually revert to their last viewed position.

Hi,

What kind of content do you drag? From where? What should happened (your expectation)?

Hi Martin,

I am just trying to go forward or back without using the scrollbars.

Hi,

Click + Drag makes a Range Selection.

If you don’t want to use scroll bar, you can use Shift + mouse scroll wheel. Or you can click to the ruler and drag left/right.

No range, I’m just trying to move the project and previously this was possible and is not possible now so long as autoscroll is activated.

I can drag on the timeline no problems.

Cheers

Hi,

I’m pretty sure it was like this since ever. By click + drag range is selected.

Maybe you used middle mouse button click + drag?

Hi Martin,

I am saying that the screen continually skips back when clicking and dragging on the project page in a blank area and does not allow you to change what is in view.

It is not an issue with any other tool in Cubase, it only occurs when autoscroll is on therefore it is a problem with the Autoscroll feature and as noted in another post; even if you have a note or tempo point selected, i.e. the left mouse button is held, the application still marches forward.

Oh, sorry, I got lost. :slight_smile:

This is an known issue. But myself, I couldn’t reproduce it ever, unfortunately.

Thank you Martin,

I will have to look for information on this or live in hope there will be a final update before the next whole numbered version of Cubase since as far as I know there will be no Windows 11 or 12 just feature packs from now on.

Cheers