Click track question

I’m using NotePerformer3 in Dorico 3.5 and I’d like to be able to record some of my shorter orchestral lines without a click. I read a posting that said that clicking the metronome would turn off the click but that doesn’t seem to have any effect. I also tried changing the instrument setting in the time track, but it seems to reset itself to Dorico Beep as soon as recording starts. I changed the setting to Woodblock and reduced velocity to 5 hoping I’d just get a background sound but it’s still pretty prominent. Clearly I’m missing something…probably really simple.

I’m afraid you will always hear a click during real-time recording, sorry!

Thanks Daniel. I actually can see why the click always needs to be there to give Dorico a bit of critical information ignorer to make logical notation choices etc.
You and your team have done a fabulous job developing Dorico. Not being able to turn off the click is barely a fleck of dust compared to all of the things that make Dorico the absolute best notation program imaginable. I started with Finale 1.0 and moved through Sibelius 7.x…and have no qualms about being 100% on Dorico. I can certainly play in orchestral lines with a Woodblock click track…:slight_smile:

1 Like