Click Track Setup (stereo to dual mono?)

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, have been using Cubase for a number of years but definitely not an expert user!

I track primarily using VST instruments…I have a new need that I’m not sure how to best (or easiest way) to set up:

I have a basic stereo out bus configuration set up in my connections. I mixdown my vsts to a stereo mp3 and import into another project file for mastering and then mixdown that file. Everything good.

What I need to do now is setup my track for live performance as a backing track and send a click to our drummer. What I would like to do is take the vsts sum everything to mono on the L stereo channel (click track muted for FOH) and everything to mono on the R stereo channel (with click for drummer only). This configuration can then be mixed down to mp3 where I can master. What’s the best way to set this up?

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome,

You could use one Stereo Group Channel and one Mono Group Channel.

• All Audio/Instrument Channels > Stereo Group
  • Stereo Group Out 1 > Stereo Out (your common “master fader”)
  • Use Direct Routing: Stereo Group Out 2 > Mono Group.
  • Mono Group Out 1 > Mono Out 1
  • Use Direct Routing: Mono Group Out 2 > Mono Out 2
  • Mono Out 1 > hardware Line Out Left in the VST Connections Inputs (No click enabled here)
  • Mono Out 2 > hardware Line Out Right in the VST Connections Inputs (Click enabled here)