I wonder if anyone could help me with this annoying problem.
Until now I have been using only VST instruments and having fun, but now I have started adding audio. When I have audio active on a track I am getting a click every time I press play or press stop.
- It does not happen with VST instruments, only when an audio file is playing
- I have tried different sample files, still get the clicks
- I rendered a VST instrument to audio, still get the clicks (I get the click only when the rendered audio is playing. I don’t get a click if I mute the audio and just play the VST instrument
- I get the clicks when I press start or stop at any point in the audio (so it is not just the start or end of the audio)
- I have used different sample and buffer settings but no difference
- It seems to be related to the volume of the audio. I recorded a mic and in the quiet passages with only practically inaudible background noise, the clicks don’t seem to happen
I am using Windows 10 on a fairly fast PC with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 (2nd Gen). Windows is up to date and the drivers are also up to date
Any help very gratefully received
Thanks in advance