Clicks at the start of a rendered file

Yeah I get the significance guys. And appreciate the honing.

I’ve tested Patchwork for several years and had nothing but audio joy from its robustness and the flexibility it brings. Literally hundreds of masters and mixes with no issues. other than for a few versions of it in Wavelab I would need to ‘wake up’ the patchwork chain on first callup, by clicking on one of its slots. Fixed a good while ago in an update.( No affiliation) . It’s not an issue in Wavelab with any other internal AU plugins so far.

If I get time I’ll do some serious trials and see if I can pin down exactly how to recreate the CD group render issue with just Acon or etc . Tbh, I’ve got to prioritise workflow for clients, not solving weird issues. That’s why it’s just offered up in good faith here for now. I’ll be back if I get a clear run and no other priorities on that one.

And I mentioned my experience etc only as to indicate that the fact that this problem is highly unusual. The fact that only Wavelab gives me this click issue - and apparently only so far with Acon and CD group render - is a logical correlation worthy of note to post here to see if others may have anything similar. Obvs correlation is not causation, but as I said it’s an ‘educated guess’ that something may possibly be awry with the audio engine in Wavelab on (our) mac in some situations.

I’ll try to get back with a couple of YouTube clips showing this and other issues I mentioned as well- which are repeatable easily on our system:-

1 Wavelab won’t solo hotswap between 2 tracks with different trial master chains ( or any serious latency single plugin eg fabliter very high lin phase) without glitching for me. Same regardless whether the trial master chains are on the clips or the tracks. This is easy for Tools, Logic, Reaper etc to ‘hot’ solo swap between two tracks with even complex plugins on each. The sound swap is contiguous on those DAWS so any clear difference is instantly heard. Not so in (our) Wavelab 11.2.
2 Any serious latency plugin on their clip chains means starts of clips in an LP montage click intermittently when auditioning, so one can’t be sure if the click is in the start of the audio file or it’s just the audio engine catching up with latency.

Both these seem independent of buffer settings on our 6core trashcan. So repeatable, in fact, I’ve been working around them for 2 or 3 of years since adopting Wavelab.

1 Like