Clip plugins

Please forgive my newbie question. I have never once used Wavelab, but I need to use it now for this bug that I’m trying to reproduce. Here are the instructions that I received:

Open Wavelabs Montage and add a clip plugin.

I’ve spent a while blindly groping in Wavelab and searching the manual and Google, but no luck. Can someone please explain to me how to do whatever this person is describing? Thanks.

It’s on page 337 of the manual.

http://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/WaveLab_8/8.0.1.665/Manuals/WaveLab-en-8.pdf

You’ll need to make a new montage, and add an audio file to a track in the montage, because that audio file will be the “clip”. In the montage track, right-click (or ctrl-click Mac) and select “insert audio file”. After it loads, right-click the bottom half of that audiofile/clip and select “edit plugins”, and select your plugin. That will be the clip plugin/effect and that plugin will only operate on that particular clip. The plugin will then appear in the Effects tab on the upper left if you select the Clip button.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know what you mean by “make a new montage.” I searched every menu for the word “montage” but I came up empty. I also looked on page 337 of the manual, but I couldn’t find help there either. I read a tutorial online that said “use your switcher” but I couldn’t find that either. Frustrating.

Sorry for being so dense. If somebody could just tell me how to create a montage, I’m sure I could take it from there.

Hi,

the switcher bar is the vertical column of five icons that allows you to switch between the workspaces. I found this image on the web that almost has it completely circled. The icon you want is the second one down, the one the orange circle passes through. You can create a new montage by clicking on this. If the switcher isn’t visible, go to the “workspace” menu and click “command bars”. This is where you select to make the switcher visible.

Hope that helps.

Also, if you still can’t figure it out, download this simple test montage I made:

Unzip the file and double click on the .mon file

It should open a montage with two test tones and you can get a concept of what a montage is and then do what you need to do.

Great, got it! Thanks very much for all your help.