Close Project Open project.

Hi All
I want to set Cubase 8.5.20 to automatically close a project (after a save prompt included) prior to opening a new project instead of asking me if i want to activate a new project while it puts the old project in the background idle.

Is there a way to do this? I’ve already tried but to no avail. any ideas or help would be appreciated in advance.

Thanks

I must ask why would you want to automatically close a project after a save? Do you not save a project while working on it?

The reason for having a project and opening a new one in addition to it is for obvious reasons. Just close the old project if you do not want it still available.

Or maybe I misunderstood your question?

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Perhaps i didn’t explain clearly enough, lets say you open a previous project then change your mind and decide to open another project so obviously there’s no need to use the save function.
Rather then closing the first project from the file menu, and then selecting to open from library or resent projects, i was just wondering if Cubase can open another project and prompt you to close the current open project without having to use the file option on the top bar?
In logic which i also have, this has always been part of its program and I’ve found it to be a really useful feature as it saves time when in the studio.