CLOSE SESSION = CRASH

i have a crash i can’t explain.

it happen on certain old sessions (note : i always work with movies in session)
when i save session then close i get instand freeze and need to relaunch cubase.
save is correct and i can reopent the session … but i always have to reload cubase each time i close session.

i tried to remove all plugins + vsti loaded in the session thinking it’s a specific plug in inside the session:
but it’s the same.

i tried to rename all plugin folders (vstx86 / vst / vst2 / vst3) making sure in vst information that no plugins are available for cubase :
it’s working i can open save and close session without crash

i tried to add plugins one by one in vst folders :
i get the crash whatever the plug is inside the folder…

oh and i found also that it happen ONLY if i saved the session!
if i only open it (all plugs+vsti active) and close it without any change then i get no crash and can instantly open or create another session without relaunching cubase

i’m lost here anyone know what is wrong ? :frowning:

i don’t know why a plug in would be a problem i have many other sessions with all my plugins and vsti involved without problems. i think the sessions are corrupted but i don’t know how.

system :
cubase 6.0.5
windows 7 64
core i7 2600k 3.4Ghz
ram 16Go
mob P67A-UD3P-B3
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

64bit Cubase??

i tried to add plugins one by one in vst folders :
i get the crash whatever the plug is inside the folder…

Are you saying that with any one plugin available you are already getting the crash? Whichever plug you try?

i tried to remove all plugins + vsti loaded in the session thinking it’s a specific plug in inside the session:
but it’s the same.

i tried to rename all plugin folders (vstx86 / vst / vst2 / vst3) making sure in vst information that no plugins are available for cubase :
it’s working i can open save and close session without crash

Hmmnn…These 2 things should really produce the same result so that suggests as you say it isn’t a specific plug.

Using back up project to a new folder can sometimes help with corrupted projects, though I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

yeah 64bit

Are you saying that with any one plugin available you are already getting the crash? Whichever plug you try?

yes
yeah i’m going to give a try to the backup.
on the crash i forgot to say i get little windows in cascade i have to ctrlaltsup to kill cubase.
they say that a crash LOG file has been saved to a location but there’s nothing there.

i use the JBridge host. maybe it’s something i sould remove now that almost all developpers did some 64 versions. i tried to removed it but i still get the crahs. i have to make sure no registery or whatever is involved… i have exactly no idea.

Have you considered trying to open the project in 32bit Cubase…could be a quick solution if it is a bridging issue.

Try to close video window after saved the project and before closed it. In my case mantain video window open when i close the project it causes crash.

galaxi

galaxi !!!

oh my god THX ! it works it’s that video thing that crashed my cubase :smiley:
almost 6 month i’m bothered by this thing you can’t imagine how many times i had to ctrl-alt-sup reload cubase !
pfffew i can’t belive i can work today without that bug thx thousand times !

thx grim for your support :wink:

Also make sure Quicktime is up to date. I had a problem with the video engine causing crashes when closing Cubase. Updating Quicktime solved the problem… Good Luck