Close to your Heart

This is a Song of mine from 1989 that I recently Dusted off
with Wavelab 7 and Cubase 6. Got rid of digital errors and DC offset
with Wavelab 7 and EQ’ed - raised the level abit with Cubase 6.
Recorded in 1989 on my Tascam 48 Analog 8-track
and mixed to a Panasonic 3500 Dat recorder through
an Alesis Board.

Enjoy Stream GT Man | Listen to music albums online for free on SoundCloud

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

Great harmonies…really excellent, main vocal sounds (to me ) a bit up in the mix and a little boxy but you’ve got a nice 60’s sound goin on there I think…good work tho, Kevin

Thanks Shadow: Maybe 70’s-----In the late 1980’s there was a
Power Pop thing going on. It’s sorta that. I’ll have to transfer
the Analog Multi-track to Cubase 7 somtime and fix a few things.

Thanks

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

Same thoughts as Kevin, vocals seemed to be a little too wet but sounded good overall especially for this style. I thought the guitars were a bit over distorted, there was a lot of handling noise from a lack of fretting hand finger dampening on the strings which made it sound a bit unclear at times. The same drum beat works well for most of the song, but I think a few more expanded fills than just a few tom hits would be great!

Good song overall, definitely has the right sound for the genre. Thanks for posting. I’m curious how the original sounded and what improvements you achieved in the production.

Thanks Jonathan for your Opinion: This is the original from 1989, although I did
two other versions at slower tempo’s. If I’m successful at copying the
original analog multitrack to Cubase 7 – the backup vocals could
use some tuning and Maybe some drum replacement. Back in 1989
I took this song into a major studio to listen to it on there Monitors and the engineer said the guitars
sound like there emulating " THE BAND BOSTON".
I replied well yea its a Fender Strat through a ROCKMAN SUSTAINOR and Marshall Amp. :wink:

Thanks

Jack :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: