Closing Dorico project causing program shutdown improperly; audio on left only

I am running mac here and this still won´t work. I get no sound from Halsonic 7. Is there a way to get back to HALsonic LE3 while waiting for Steinberg to sort out this problem? /Frans Mossberg

It would be nice to know how revert back to 3.5.

@fransmossberg , you can download the HALion Sonic SE 3.5 installer from here.

I think there is no uninstaller for HALion Sonic 7, so you have to delete it manually from /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components

Thanks!

By the way, the path you mentioned doesnt work since there are just the old HALion Sonic SE in the “components” folder.

Ups, sorry, is it then under /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3/Steinberg ?

It’s here for me on Windows.
New App Manager on the left…
Old style one on the right…

1 Like

Running the MediaBayServer as a service is something we thought about, but it introduces new challenges, such as running under an elevated account, connections from different user accounts, the need for transparent user configuration. Some might not want this process to run always, as it performs file system monitoring to keep the media up to date (some might exactly want that), and it needs to be shut down before new content is installed.

We have today released Dorico 4.3.30, which in conjunction with yesterday’s release of MediaBay 1.0.20, fixes this issue. Please see here for more details:

3 Likes

I also have problems with VST crashing/hanging. When I try to shut down Dorico, the VST window(s) still hangs. I have to restart my iMac to get Dorico to work properly again.

I’m a Mac user. (Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68))
My Dorico Pro version is 4.3.30.1132.

Please do from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

And welcome to the forum @hegemoni

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.7 MB)

:slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thanks for the data. I think I know where your problem is. You appear to have an old component installed that is not part of Dorico but of our common Steinberg environment.
Therefore please do the following: Stop any Steinberg program that you have from running (to make really sure it is even best to do a reboot). Then, when nothing else is running, start the Steinberg Download Assistant. That one itself looks for an update and installs it. It shall also update that one component of our common environment.
Then you can close the Download Assistant and continue normal work with Dorico. Do you then still have those problems? If so, please provide a fresh diagnostics report. Thanks

It seems to be stable now. Thanks! :smile:

1 Like