Cloud Storage

My Cubase projects are all in the Cloud, which is what annoys me about Cubase, the “Audio” folder that I don’t even use (I’m a MIDI person), no default project folder in Cubase, the Pool, MediaBay; nothing integrates as well as it could with the OS.

What I’d like firstly in this space is FTP uploads of mp3/wav exports, this would save a tremendous amount of time for my work at least.

Hi guys - I just came across this same need in collaboration and I have 3 thoughts:

1. it’s software, so it doesn’t take true engineering to implement something like a Cubase → {cloud provider of choice API} …but perhaps something that can automatically pause the cloud agent syncing until you are done with your session. That way all the large files from the tracking session would be save locally until you get somewhere with great bandwidth to sync-up with the cloud. If you’re recording at higher bitrates, those track .wav’s can get really fricking huge.

2. I just signed-up for DropBox Pro for 1TB of cloud storage and I’m going to try and use that for collaboration with another engineer/editor for our podcast. Again, a 1 hour podcast can easily be up to 2GB of wav’s - so I think we’ll need to organize separate folders for individual episodes and share a “clips” folder for standard content.

3. I also stumbled across this cloud-based DAW sequencer…www.ohmstudio.com. Not sure exactly where these guys came from, but I might give it a try. Perhaps Steinberg should look at acquiring those guys and taking VST Connect to a whole new level. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

-mt

If I wanted to do something like this I would just make my project directory in DropBox folder or something.

We all have bits of storage on the net given to use with our phone, or with some other kind of sweeteners. Its just a case of choosing where you want it to be (how secure or not bothered) and ensuring you put the project in a folder that will mirror to the web.

Steinberg could add the feature (IMO) , through some kind of third party - but then they get flack which might not be warranted. I would stay away and concentrate on the DAW side.

I should like to be able to mirror any directory in Windows to anywhere I nominate on the web - but that’s a windows thing

Z

Guys, I use googledrive to back up my projects. I set the entire cubase project folder to keep updated to the cloud online. But, when I did this, now I can’t export my project anymore. Everytime since then when I try to export an error message pops up…

Finished projects, downloads, etc. are burnt to bluray here…I trust my backups to myself only :slight_smile:
Bill