CMC-AI + Cubase 7.5.40 Weird Issue

Hello,
Recently I was lucky enough to be able to grab what I think is one of the last pieces of CMC-AI in the market. With much anticipation i installed it only to find to be a bit NOT what i have seen and read about. The hardware itself is fine, no issues with it but I think there seems to be some issue with Cubase 7.5 supporting it.

1. AI seamlessly controls Volume, Pan, EQ’s, Strip Channel,Send levels, basically everything that is available on the Mixer channels.

2. It supports Vst 2.4 plugins found in the ‘Vstplugins’ folder such as Bitcrusher,MIDI gate, Chopper etc.

3. But it became completely useless when I tried controlling stock Audio plugins such as a Compressor, Delay. Which I believe are VST 3 plugins. Hovering the mouse over a specific parameter of these plugins, the AI knob doesnt take control of the parameters. However I discovered that i have to click on the parameter while moving the AI knob at the same time so that it momentarily takes control of the parameter. But if you lose the mouse pointer position or try to engage the ‘LOCK’ mode’ it loses control and have to do ‘clicking and moving again’ . (The LOCK mode works as it is supposed to with VST 2.4)
    So for me the AI controller works like ‘click and control’. For me this defeats the very purpose of having the AI controller.

4. A few minutes later I discovered that, If I switched the plugin view to a ‘Generic Editor’ view. The AI controller does what it is supposed to i.e. point and control

I am baffled. I have QC, PD and TP and I have had immense fun using them. This is the first time I am having an issue with Steinberg hardware. Have tried using AI on both 32 bit and 64 bit versions to no avail.

WHat do you guys think can be the issue and a possible solution to this?

Additional info

1. A few minutes later I discovered that, If I switched the plugin view to a ‘Generic Editor’ view. The AI controller does what it is supposed to i.e. point and control. ** Even LOCK mode works fine in Generic Editor of the plug-in**

** All the other funtions of AI, VOL mode, JOG mode, Browsing mode and assignable Function keys work absolutely fine**