CMC-TP not recognized, only sends midi note info

i have the same problem. had two profiles on osx. one is the original admin profile and the other one is a standard user account with admin permissions. the tp only works in the original admin profile, not in the standard user profile with admin rights. and i don’t know WHY! I installed the cubase 7 on the standart profile but i can also start it from the admin profile. there is real a bug in this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks for sharing this. Never would have thought about this on Mac OS but in Windows also certain problems seem to disappear when the application is “Run as Admin”.
Is there a way like in Windows to only start a specific application, Cubase in this case, as an admin?
It seems like something that can easily solved by Steinberg in the rights that are needed to work with CMC-sontrollers.

I’ve had that weird midi notes thing come out of my faders before too…
I’ve discovered that removing USB devices can confuse my setup. The main culprit is my Fractal AxeFX II which is sometimes connected to my MacPro’s front USB connector (whenever I want to upload IRs or .sysx files). If I remove the cable or even shut the Axe FX off (hello dinner time!) then my FDs stop responding and a reboot is needed to bring everything back to life. On one occaision, I got note data coming out of one of the fader strips…

I can’t eject the AxeFx since it never shows up as a device connected to my MacPro in Finder.

Thanks for sharing.
At the moment you have midi notes comming from hitting your knobs or faders, can you still “see” you CMC’s in device info in Cubase?
Your observation could also imply something with disturbance caused by USB-devices. Maybe I should remove my mouse and keyboard and check then.

Dear contributors,

Has anyone who experienced these problems solved this in the meantime?
If so, I would really appreciate it if you would share this information.

Hi HJAO,
for me it was just a matter of eliminating other USB drivers and devices. Started with the minimum (say, one fader pack) and ensure that you can get C7, your audio device and one fader pack working. Obviously ensuring you have the latest drivers for everything. Add in device by device (after reboot would be wise) until you find the offending HW and driver.
I had to replace some suspect belkin USB repeaters and finally found that my problems occurred after removing (powering off) a certain piece of hardware (My Fractal AxeFX II). Interestingly, my Yamaha MoX8 keyboard can be switched on and off with no impact on the CMC stability.
I’ve just learned to live with keeping my AxeFX disconnected unless I need to do editing or firmware upgrades.
Once you know the source of your problem, you should be able to find a work around.
Good Luck.

Hi GTD,

Thanks for your reaction!
One would almost suspect something like memory-addresses being double used or something (conflict/overlap).
I have not yet found a solution. It remains strange that the controllers do work on standalone versions of some of the Steinberg software but not when used in Cubase 6 nor 7.
Another reaction, in which it was mentioned that working in Administratormode does enable the CMC’s, should enable Steinberg to find the rights-matters that make the CMC’s act as midi-keyboard in stead of midi controllers.