Collapse All Visible Folders crashing Cubase

I’m experiencing a bug in Cubase, wondered if anyone else is having the same problem.

I’ve got some folders inside a folder. If some of these are open, and some are collapsed, when I select ‘Collapse All Visible Folders’ either from the menu, or a key command, it crashes cubase. It only seems to happen when an actual folder track is selected within the folder, if a midi track is selected within one of these subfolders, it works ok.

Tried starting in safe mode etc, is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Are you on Mac or Windows, please?

Could you attach the *.ips/dmp file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > Crash Reports (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: %userprofile%/Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Hi, thanks!

I’m on a Mac, all latest. Attached the file from logs.

Cubase 13-2024-05-31-095212.ips (197.0 KB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg, thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

I can’t find this command. Where is it in the menu, please? Isn’t it your custom Project Logical Editor preset by any chance? If yes, how does it look like, please?

I’ve attached a screenshot to show where it is. I also thought this and tried to set up another logical editor preset which I’ve also attached, but it creates the same crash.

1 Like

Hi,

I can see the crash happens in the Folder itself.

But I cannot reproduce it here on my end. See attached screenshot, please. These were my init setups, before I call the Collapse All Visible Folders function.

Try it with one of the folders inside, when the top level folder is selected it seems to work ok.

The only other differences I can see are that my folders are populated with VST Instrument tracks, rather than midi. Also these are a mix of deactivated as well as activated. Mostly deactivated. And mine are coloured and have unique names which I’m not sure makes much difference!

18dbe0bcc79ea7b4460cf05824fb28221ef9abb6_2_644x499

Hi,

I can reproduce it, if I select the folder, you marked.

1 Like