COLOR each TAKE different automatically

Whenever i record multiple takes with a client (Always 3), i have to manually change the color of EACH take to something else so my client understands that TAKE 1 is the blue track, TAKE 2 is the yellow and TAKE 3 is the red when we are going through and comping. It would be SO much easier if there was a preference that had “assign next color plus 1” to successive TAKES or passes in Lanes. SOMETHING that would color using the colors of my choice to each next pass! PLEAAAAASEE!

1 Like

It’s also not currently possible, but your request gave me a thought re. the PLE.

I think it would be great if there was an Action, whereby you selected a series of Audio Events (or MIDI Parts) and you could execute a PLE command which would auto-magically colourise them differently. And then… taking it one step further, it could re-label each take VOCAL_TAKE_09:22PM, VOCAL_TAKE_09:23PM, etc.

IOW: I think it would be great if there were PLE commands to ‘loop’ through a series of events/parts and re-label them in various ways according to a formula that the user might specify… (colour, track name, datetime stamp, etc.) Similar to the auto-naming in audio export.