Coloring Notes and Events according to channel

Hi,

Sorry, this is internal Cubase structure, this is how Cubase works. It’s good to know it and understand it. Then you know, how to use Cubase in the best way.

I didn’t. I would win if you would understand the concept behind it and you would be able to use Cubase better way.

still continues to work hard! lol…I consider this conversation useless! so…thank you for nothing!..resolution I don’t know how cubase works! cool! :smiley: want an advice? read whole manual first you dummy, lol… bye

I really feel sorry for the admin on here at times.

Pretty much everyone who uses Polyphonic Voicing in the Score Editor.

Or anyone using multiple Instruments in VSTi’s like Halion, Kontakt, etc.

Film and video composers are pretty on-board with this too.

I bet there’s also some MIDI sophisticated Pop & EDM folks

Just because you don’t know what a screwdriver is for, doesn’t mean the screwdriver is useless.
And if you don’t know what a screwdriver is for, yelling about it being useless only makes you look…?

1 Like

Perhaps this discussion will help clear things up for you. While this is focused on the role of MIDI Channels in the Score Editor it is also applicable in general, especially on the use of “Any” vs. a MIDI Channel Number in the Track settings and how those settings interact with the Channel Numbers assigned to the MIDI Events (like Note-on messages) themselves.

Also beware the way the forum inserted the solution quote it looks like the answer to the original poster’s question “Are these the same thing?” is me saying yes. But that is really a yes to a post near the end. To this initial question the answer is - no they are different (as Martin does in the initial response).

Ctrl+A
Tab
Ctrl+A
Double-Click
Ctrl+Enter
:sunglasses: :call_me_hand: