Commands for many tracks simultaneosly?

Hello there.

This might be a very basic problem, but I’m unable to figure it out.

What do I do if I want to do the same command to many tracks at the same time?
For instance, if I want to make a group track with 5 voices assigned to it, is there any way of assigning those 5 tracks to the group track all at once? What I’ve done so far is that I have routed the out signal for every single track one at the time. I’m unable to mark those 5 tracks and route them all to the group, which would seem to be a much easier way.

Thank you very much.

Hi Frode

Don’t know if you are Mac or Win, but on Win you highlight all the tracks you want to adjust, hold down Shift and Alt, then change what you want to change, and voila!!!

Best Regards

Dave

Hey Dave, I thought it was ‘Control + Click’ on all the tracks you want to select’, no?

Hi Jamusic

Yes it’s Control Click to select additional tracks, or select first track then Shift click the last track to select all the tracks in between. Having selected them, in order to change for instance the track destination, one then holds shift and Alt and changes the destination which will change ALL those selected, is that a bit clearer:-)?

Best Regards

Dave

Unfortunately that doesn’t work within the MIDI parameter section in the inspector. There still is no possibility to set transp. or velocity values for all selected tracks at once!!

Thank you so much for your input.
I’m sorry, I forgot to mention that I’m on Win.

Hi All again

Fantacyzer you are partly correct in that Midi Modifiers don’t get changed, but the Volume , pan,Track Delay, destination do work as described. Also if one wanted to change all midi data you are after, one would select the tracks, then Select all on tracks and use a logical preset to do whatever you want.

Best Regards

Dave

Yes - thank you Dave.

Shift/Alt isn’t working here to select one bus from multiple tracks (7.5) I can’t get any key combo to work…

Tried it today - worked like a charm! :wink: