Comp editing Cubasis 3

For those of us that are real world instrument users we really need comp-editing for ease of use editing.

To give you an example I’m a singer songwriter. I record vocals and guitar at the same time. My recording method is to warm up for a good week ahead of time with my song. Then I go in record seven passes and then comp edit all of them together into two perfect tracks. This keeps me from having to go in and re-record and re-record and re-record in order to avoid having to splice and stitch for hours on end.

In order for me to fully move away from my laptop and use iPad as my only recording interface with Cubasis, comp-editing is a feature I cannot live without.

(Anybody else have the same issue? How have you found workarounds for now?)

1 Like

Hi @shaynemasonvincent,

Thanks for your message.

Comping is already on our list, and we hope to be able to add this at some point in the future.

We try our best to make Cubasis better with every update, and same way include as many as possible user-requested features. While writing this, we’re in preparation of the next one…

Best wishes,
Lars

3 Likes

Glad to hear this!

I am super happy with the ease of use of cubasis. Have been enjoying how it helps me to get creative. Have written a few songs already in the past few weeks. And the in app AUV external programs are really easy with, for example, Mixbox. And I love the on board waves etc. keep up the great work.

Comping will make my life into heaven.

Cheers on the new update.

(One other question: is it possible to make iCloud/Dropbox the default location for project files so I can use it on iOS and iPadOS? Or is this a conflict of operating systems? I need it for editing and song writing in the go.)

Hi @shaynemasonvincent,

Thanks for your kind reply!

While we try our best to make the app better with every update, things can take some time in regards to specific feature requests. Nevertheless we hope to add comping at some point in the future.

One other question: is it possible to make iCloud/Dropbox the default location for project files so I can use it on iOS and iPadOS? Or is this a conflict of operating systems? I need it for editing and song writing in the go.

Unfortunately this is not possible technically.

In addition, we strongly recommend to make regular backups, and double check the backup files before deleting the app etc. in preventing data loss.

Best wishes
& stay safe,
Lars

1 Like

We try our best to make Cubasis better with every update, and same way include as many as possible user-requested features. While writing this, we’re in preparation of the next one…

That is very nice to hear. I’m already excited. Would it be possible to communicate a rough ETA? As I am a beta tester I am ready to test drive the RC whenever it is ready.

Would love to have this!

So far I have not been able to find any way to select takes. When recording in loop mode it automatically begins another take over the top, which I can delete to get back to the previous take so it seems to be saving all.
But short of deleting the newest take I can’t find anyway to get back to previous.
Am I missing something?

1 Like

This is why comp editing is so necessary. As it is, I have to drag/cut-paste each take to a separate duplicate track. It is quite time consuming and laborious.

1 Like

Same here.
Comping and cycle recording would make Cubasis much more usable.

Now I use it as a sketch pad and love it. But as a guitarist it’s impossible for me to play a whole song without any mistakes so comping is vital for this.

Can’t wait :wink:
Would make me use cubasis a lot more.