Comp Tool: Convert Audio tracks into Sub-Tracks?

Hello Everyone,

When I learned about the Comp Tool, it was a reason to finally purchase Cubase Pro.
I recorded multiple takes in other Cubase versions using different audio tracks. Now I learned the comp tool only works on subtracks. Well, I tried to drag and drop my audio tracks into subtracks but this doesn’t seem to work.

Here my questions:

• Is there a way to convert audio tracks into subtracks I missed?
  • If not, is there another way to use the comp tool on multiple audio tracks?
  • If not, is there a proper alternative I could use?

Sorry if I might have missed an already existing answer to my question.

Thank you in advance and all the best.

Robert

You should be able to drag audio events from one track into another and rearrange multiple events into subtracks. You mention using an older version of Cubase. Are you opening a project created in an an older Cubase version and then trying to drag audio events? If so you might try exporting those tracks from the older version and then importing them into the newer version of Cubase. Just an idea.

Hi Sqarqee,

Thank you for your quick answer.

I use Cubase Pro 11 and used other versions before (Elements), not providing the comp tool.

I cannot find any command to convert multiple tracks into subtracks. I find converting subtracks into a track but not the other way around. Maybe I miss something here?

Thanks,

Robert

Yes, you do.
This doesn’t exist, but you can assemble sub-tracks by hand.

A solution to that was posted here:

Thank you for all your help.

The key advise for me was using the pool. Frankly I rarely did in the past.

I found the tracks there and already had the various takes recorded as subtracks. And then I proceeded exactly as “conan” described. Worked properly.

Thank you again.

Best,

Robert

PS: Wouldn’t know if this works for converting individual tracks into subtracks of one track but it solved my problem.