Comping issues Nuendo 5.5

Sorry for my bad English but is got three questions:

1. Is it possible to record multiple takes without the cycle mode like the playlist mode in Protools?
    Or in other words: can I make new lanes myself without cyclemode makes one everytime I start a new recording?
  2. Why is it impossible to punch in on a take in stacked mode?
  3. Is it possible to keep the unused parts after making the comp insted of removing them i.e. for alternate versions.
    I’m happy to work with Nuendo 5.5. but think the playlist option of Protools is more userfriendly.

Unfortunately there is no playlist function in Nuendo (this would be a welcome addition).

1. You can record multiple takes without cycle mode and they are automatically split into new lanes.
  2. Not sure what you mean. Check the options on the transport for “Audio Record Mode” and make sure it’s on “Replace”. You can also check the preference “Delete Overlaps” (for editing) and the command “Delete Overlaps”.
  3. What I normally do is convert all events to a part, comp the events within the part and then simply move the part around (it gets treated like a single event). Read the manual on events and parts. Alternatively you can duplicate the track and pack it unto an unused folder.

Thanks for helping me out.

About question 1, what I want is decide by myself when to start on a new lane (not Nuendo)
In PT you have click “new playlist”. From that moment you work in that playlist (lane in Nuendo)
It bothers me that Nuendo decide for me when to work on a new lane. Because when I try to punch in on a track I got stuck with lots of extra lanes (generated by Nuendo) that I don’t want.

Nuendo will automatically add lanes. See my previous answer about what you can do to “punch in” without creating new lanes (check the options on the transport for “Audio Record Mode” and make sure it’s on “Replace”. You can also check the preference “Delete Overlaps” (for editing) and the command “Delete Overlaps”.)

Thanks a lot man.
It worked out great. It was also a due to ‘different’ thinking.
I renewed my workflow and i’m happy!

Good to hear :slight_smile: