Complainers

Ofcourse I wouldn’t be posting here if I didn’t peak inhere once in a while, but as a 6.5 user most of it is not very relevant. I do try to keep up with current sentiments, but I’ve used ‘mark read’ more in the last few weeks than in years before… And ofcourse I was joking; I like the calm in the C6 forum! :sunglasses:

I have no problem being heard. I´m not on C7 because I have a very smooth running rig with 6.5 and I have not much use for the added functionality of C7. I will update later, as I always do, but I see no reason to do so now.

The fact they created separate sub forums to collect issues and feature requests + the panicky 7.0.1 (pre) update,
tells me this “revolution” is bit bigger then they hoped for :laughing:

Good sense. I have got C7 but C6.5 will be the workhorse until I’m sure I can move to it and make mistakes and not blame the software. Software should not be allowed (by the user) to crash in front of clients.

Now that is funny!!!made me laugh anyway :laughing: :laughing:

That is a wise decision. You didn’t need chord tracks or a mixer with a rack right?

As said by Niles, I think Steinberg is expecting a LOT of issues since they set up sub-forms for bugs and feature requests.

The new mixer is a mess. At least it is for me on 3 monitors with 3 mixers always open. (2 in one monitor) Simply opening and closing the mixer racks won’t work properly unless you keep your mixer faders toward the bottom of each monitor.
Here is more info: https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=31402

I’m sure over time we will see huge improvements. I’ll be happy when I open the rack, go to the compressor, and it’s the Waves SSL that is integrated into the GUI instead of Steinbergs compressor. Again, nothing against Steinberg EQ, compression, etc… but I paid money for Waves and UAD and I’m used to these tools.

My mouse clicks are way up compared to 6.5.

Help! I can’t find the sundial function in C7. Works fine in 6.5.

It will be great, sure but it would also be great to be able to use open scope within Cubase, if there can be a way so non-developers can knock up audio and synthesis modules, as well as MIDI and other control plugins.

Chord tracks might be nice when inspiration is low - better than stuff like LoopMash, which I really never use - but I don’t really need it. And since I mix on my Tascam DM3200, I hardly need any mixer in Cubase at all. I sometimes add a plugin, or some EQ or compression, but that’s easily done in the track inspector.

Forget the chord track, the mere fact you can select multiple notes and find out the chords is a real boon for songwriters everywhere.

In 6.x you can see that in the status line too.
Or is it different?

Exactly. I don’t mind Steinberg developing its own stuff to try to create a complete producer package (hence “the producer’s choice”).

But as a lot of producers, through the years, I gathered a toolbox of plugs that fit my personal “sound” and style. I can recreate that specific sound in any DAW with those plugs. I can’t recreate that sound in Cubase alone without those plugs. It’s not about better or worse, it’s all about personal taste and direction.

The less flexible and compatible the product is, the more likely “the producers choice” will be to find another frame for his production tools. Unless Steinberg’s stuff does fit your needs of course.

I doubt I’ll ever stop using Cubase, simply because it has the best MIDI tools but I am moving towards the Sonic Core system, since with it I can have the best of both worlds, a studio “inside” Cubase (UAD and Steinberg’s own new plugs) and one outside with all the Scope tools and a bit of both via direct monitoring if and when I choose to record.

And the same old parade of strangely low postcount

That’s a very arrogant statement. Maybe some people are of a “low post count” because up until now they’ve had no reason to use a forum to solve a problem?

Maybe some people are busy making music rather than spending all day long in forums unless they have genuine grievance and need to ask for answers on some issues?

How pretentious, to argue a beginning only, an excerpt, incomplete, out of context, omitting the rest of the sentence which is all-in-all a rather important clarifying and qualifying factor (AND a phenomenon observed in the forum):

‘… just after a new release and always the SAME little gang having the SAME crashing problems who only EVER post that "My computer has just crashed (without mentioning it’s for the tenth time and ALWAYS after a new release) and THEREFORE it must be CUBASE!’

According to my UCP, I am averaging around 16.36 posts per day.

I don’t know if this is a record but it bears no relation to what I actually know (I actually have a very high IQ if I do say so myself). :ugeek:

My only complaint is that I have nothing to complain about except that my postcount is low and so is my IQ. Are they related? If I post more will my IQ go up?

:smiley: Cheers,

Mick.

AND they tend to quote one out of context to “prove” that they’re genuine. Just like in a schoolkids’ debating society. :mrgreen:

And in a recent British political debacle in a tirade of expletives because he wasn’t allowed to take his bicycle thru a shortcut an MP was sacked because somewhere the word “PLEB!” was mentioned which as we all know is a jailable offence when applied to British policemen. :mrgreen:

The moral? If you look in vain for an excuse for a fight you’ll make one up. If you’re mentally unbalanced that is.

The real arrogance here is that “One shall not not have a differenter opinion that mine which is holier than yours.” :laughing:

My daughter can trip while standing still…

:laughing:

It’s mere co-incidence that many complaints will come from users of low post count, with many of the more “vicious” or vindictive accounts often coming from high post count users.

Moral of the story:

Post count means nothing

It is quite possible to delete a key and create a new account, thus appear as a new user, complain etc and then return your key to the former account; so on a technical basis it is wrong to suggest low post count users complain the most.