Computer Start-up, Launch Cubase, then must reboot or weird things happen

Here’s a doozy. After I start my computer and launch Cubase, I notice that the click won’t work and MIDI/audio does not line up with the grid.

However, if I reboot and relaunch Cubase, all works fine. WTF???

Hi,

What exactly does this mean, please?

Is the Grid set to the Bars+Beats?

Really???

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

The click makes no sound. All settings are configured properly.

The grid is set to bar and beats.

I have tried running Cubase in safe mode. This does not help.

If you read my first message thoroughly you will notice that these two issues are fixed after a reboot. Thus this can’t be caused by misconfigured settings or corrupt preferences.

Again, the strange thing about this is it happens if I shut my PC down. If I leave it running then things work fine. Unfortunately this is not an option.

Hi,

How is it setup? Is it enabled? Could you attach relevant screenshots, please? Do yo use Control Room or not? What Asio Driver do you use, please?

I read your first message… Actually, you also came to the idea to try the Safe Start Mode even though you knew it’s fixed after the restart.

Something is not initialised properly. It looks like Cubase has to start and quit to restore the preferences (maybe), then it works. I would try to experiment with the preferences even a bit more. Do you have any older Cubase preferences? If yes, could you rename the preference folder of the older Cubase(s) too, please (to make sure, you really get the factory settings)?

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

I’ve tried resetting preferences and reinstalling Cubase. Didn’t work.

Hi,

Could you provide the screenshots, I was asking for?