Conastant Crashes

C6 is crashing left and right here on my system.

I have 5 audio tracks and one vst plug (FM8).

Who should I send my crash reports to?

I would call up Yamaha US support but they seem to know less about the software than me.

Same problem here, some advice on this topic would be great.

Mac 10.6.6

its so frickin annoying. I have crashed 9 times in the past 2 hours and most of what i am working with is audio.

i already bailed on cubendo for sound design and recording, pretty soon for music too.

Try taking all 3rd party vsts out of the plugin folder and see if it still crashes (the one in the Library - Audio - Plugins folder). If it runs fine then you can put one vst at a time back in that folder until you find the culprit.

Cubase 6 seems to run really well on my system thus far, so I don’t think it’s the software alone. Something must be clashing.

Try taking all 3rd party vsts out of the plugin folder and see if it still crashes (the one in the Library - Audio - Plugins folder). If it runs fine then you can put one vst at a time back in that folder until you find the culprit.

This is a good suggestion. But before starting that little exercise, I’d like to point something out that is common in the first three poster’s profile info:

You’re all running Cubase 6.0.0. That first version had a lot of problems leading to crashes Go here:
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net//Download/Cubase_6/6.0.1.270/Mac/Cubase_6.0.1_Update.dmg
…and install it. Steinberg has released this as a “beta”…but so far,it’s pretty damn stable and it solves a lot of problems.

If your crashing still persists, take a look at the crashlogs and see which thread crashed (noted somewhere in the crashlog header). If you see the name of one of your plugins in the crashed thread…that’s more 'n likely the culprit. If you don’t, then chances are, its a flaky I/O driver…and I recommend going to the manufacturer’s website to look for updated drivers.

If that doesn’t work, try trashing your Cubase 6 Prefs (zip a copy before trashing the original)…and if THAT doesn’t do the trick then try removing all the 3rd party VSTs and see if things stabilize.

not installing a beta version.

had no 3rd party plugs running in the project.

not gunna jump through hoops, finished it in dp.

but i really do appreciate the advice.

Ive had alot of crashes when using the new audio warp algorithms

Just a though

What’s the difference?. How could it be worst?.

I’ve been getting crashes since installing cubase 6 even when cubase isn’t open! Upon closing, I’ve blue-screened twice and the biggest problem is complete freeze-up of my system. I’ve unplugged the USB dongle and restarted and it’s been running for about an hour but prior to this, it crashed every 20-30 minutes.
I’m going to try and instal the update and see if it makes a difference but I’ve contacted Steinberg about the issue.
I’ll let you all know what they tell me.
Working on an ASUS G73JW i7 2.66 ghz 8gb ddr3, Intel HM55 mobo Win 7 Home Premium.

If you’re gettig BSODs then the problem is more than likely a hardware issue, not a Cubase issue - maybe you have a more fundamental USB problem on your system if it’s related to the dongle?

Very easily.