Concerned about Cubase 6.5 performance on new build Win7/N12

Hi People,

First time poster on Steinberg.net but felt like I needed to come here for some answers…

I’ve recently just upgraded from Cubase 5.5 on Win XP(SP3) to Cubase 6.5.5 on Win 7 64bit (SP1) - but I am running 32bit Cubase… I also had 6.5 installed on XP for a couple of months…

So, I’ve rebuilt my system thusly -

250GB Samsung EVO SSD - system
2TB Seagate Barracuda - samples
2TB Seagate Barracuda - projects
1TB Samsung Spinpoint - old system and projects…

Intel core i3 (Clarkdale), ASUS H55 MB, 8GB Crucial Ballistix, NVIDIA Quadro 265 (running 2 Samsung monitors)…
Yamaha N12 via TI (Belkin) FW card (PCI)…

etc… nothing too special. But under XP everything worked fine. I could complete some pretty massive projects easy enough. Even 6.5.5 was fine - no hiccups…

Since I rebuilt the system I have ASIO spikes all the time. I’m running the N12 at 256 samples latency and this was never a problem before…

Sometimes it calms down but an intensive patch with Kontakt 5 player renders it basically unusable. I’ve tried all the tweaks and run through Steinberg’s own DAW configuration and nothing seems to make a significant difference.

I’m by no means new to this but I cant think of anything else to do… Please any ideas?

Thx

Are you sure you have the latest firmware and driver updates? They are very recent, see:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=uk.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16244&category_id2=16078&category_id3=&product_id=592444

Driver is at 1.65 and firmware is at 1.07