concerns for learning cubase.I

Yep, I even tried recording. red dot on the track is enabled and red dot in the record section was on. I have turned my computer off and then changed the order that I turned on the keyboard. I set roland back to it’s factory settings. This is driving me nuts. It was perfect last night. I have been at this all day and although I understand a lot more than I did a couple days ago I am completely at a loss and stuck. I may have to step back for a while unless you or anyone else has any more ideas. Under Devices, I should not have to do anything under “MIDI device manager” do I?

You don’t need to open the Device Manager.

Just one more question, then I’m done:
When you open a VST like Halion sonic and play the little keyboard on the screen with your mouse, do you hear something?

Yes, I do. And as I hear the sound come out of my audio interface and into my headphones I also see that signal is coming out of OUTPUT 2 on my audio interface like I would expect.

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 12.19.07 AM.png
So it’s not an audio problem, definitely a MIDI issue.
You have to find where it’s breaking the communication.
Look at this:

If you have a MIDI cable, try connecting that to your interface.

See if there is is something in the JUNO manual about this.

Sorry, maybe someone else is seeing this better,

Good luck, you’ll get it for sure.

Just another thought… does the JUNO need a USB driver to communicate MIDI over USB?

I am scared to say it, but I think I have it. I am now able to load all vst (halion sonic, groove agent, and komplete). my keyboard plays them, I can hear them, and they record. The only thing I don’t understand is why I don’t see my lights coming on in my channel one on my audio interface. There are lights showing an outgoing signal on channel one but no lights indicating an incoming signal. I guess I should be happy that is works. for now I am going to leave it alone. Thanks to all for your ideas.

Out of curiosity, on all the posts above it shows peoples set up. How can I list that?

On top of the forum (left side) > User Control panel > Profile > Edit Signature

Interesting that all the help comes from the wonderful members of the forum…not one peep from anyone from Steinberg…

I feel its a bit unfair to be blaming Steinberg when the poster is obviously very new to midi, daw set-ups and recording.
If I open photo-shop I haven´t a clue what I´m doing but don´t blame Adobe or expect them to teach me photo editing.