Concert Help with Cubase 5

Hey folks,

I am fairly new to Cubase and I am really enjoying learning. I have a question that I can’t seem to find on any posts.

I recorded a concert of a band that wanted the whole thing in one shot, so I got the crowd noise and the between song talk. They also had me make tracks of just the songs. I can place markers between the start and stop of each song and copy the information to a new project and edit away with no problem. The song plays just fine but I noticed when I went to edit tracks near the markers, I noticed that the data from the entire concert is there in the back ground. Even more, when I try to use tempo detection or vari-audio, they try to process the entire concert track and then Cubase locks up. What I want to know is how to just get the data from one song on a project with out the rest of the concert in the back ground so I can process tempo detection and vari-audio to correct vocal mistakes? Does that make sense… or how do I get the tools to look at and process only the section of the recording?

Any help would be a BIG BIG help!

Thanks,
Mac

You need to “bounce selection” the single parts (Audio menu or roght click the file(s)), which will create new file(s) with the length of the selection.