Condensing a3: strange behaviour in page 1

Hi, I’m trying to use the condensing feature in a score with triple winds (3 flutes, 3 oboes, 3 clarinets).
I’m having a very strange issue, it seems that the way Dorico condenses the parts is dependent on the particular layout.
I attached 3 screenshots taken using different page sizes and system breaks, in order to have 1 bar, 2 bars or 4 bars in the first page. It seems that regardless of the music itself, in the first page Dorico never merges more than 2 staves… it always starts to merge 3 staves from page 2 on…

I don’t know if maybe I put something weird in the music, but the fact that the same music in page 2 gets condensed differently makes me think that the problem is not in the music…

Is there a way to force Dorico to condense 3 staves from the beginning ? I also tried to create custom condensing groups but it doesn’t change…

Thank you for your support

Leonardo

Dorico can’t merge three players together if the music start with rests: in the current version, Dorico cannot combine rests belonging to more than one player, so by the time Dorico has assigned the rest belonging to (say) flute 1 to the up-stem voice, and the rest belonging to flute 2 to thd down-stem voice, it can no longer fit flute 3 on the same staff. However, this will change in the forthcoming Dorico 3.1 update.

Hi Daniel, thank you for your quick reply. Looking forward to the next update !

Leonardo