I’ve been having a look at this.
I have not yet found the cause of the problem but have discovered that if you insert a system break at the first barline (ie after the anacrusis) then the music following that will condense. It’s not much to go on, but hopefully it might provide some clues for anyone else who tries to troubleshoot this.
It looks like there is something about the anacrusis bar which is causing the problem. I started a new project, added the players, and created the anacrusis bar using shift-M 3/4,1 (and added the key signature and some more bars, naturally) and then copied and pasted the notes from the original project into the new one. Condensing worked without a hitch.
Similarly, but with less work involved:
I created a new flow within the existing project, set up the time- and key-sig’s, and then copied the existing notes into the new flow.
My guess is that the anacrusis bar might have started life as a normal 3/4 bar with the notes being entered on the third beat and then the first two beats of rests deleted by using Remove Rests. When I tried that myself, condensing only worked in the bars following a system break. If the two beats of rest were left at the start of that first bar, then condensing worked fine.
If you want to “convert” the existing project, try the following:
- Turn condensing off
- Select all the notes and rests in the anacrusis bar, and Cut - this should show a whole bar of rest
- Click on the rest in the 1st Flute
- Paste, and press R twice (while the notes and rests are still selected) - this should fill up that bar with notation
- Click on a note at the start of the 3rd beat in that first bar and press shift-M then 3/4,1
- Click on the very first note in that first bar and press shift-B then -1
- Turn condensing on