Condensing issue with redundant indicators

Hi all, does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

From just a picture? No, no idea.

From the Four Simple Guidelines To Help Us Help You

[quote] 4. Post a project, not a picture
If you are having a problem with Dorico, the fastest way to get the help you need is to post the project, or a part of it, and not to post a screenshot.
[/quote]

So sorry! File is attached!
Arise, Your Light Has Come.dorico (775.6 KB)

This is the result of the setting “Allow mid-phrase unisons” (in Notation Options > Condensing). Note the two trumpets are unison on each of those F♯s. (The rest counts as “not unison” since it is not notes.) With “Prevent mid-phrase unisons” you get double-stemmed unisons instead of “a2” markings.

Also when I change this setting, I get “As from a distance” doubled in the condensed score. I can fix that by hiding the marking on the 2nd player – in the score only, so it still shows in the part.

Thanks so much Mark! Worked like a charm!

No, this doesn’t work. I have “prevent mid-phrase unisons” checked in my project, but it makes the passage double-stemmed. This doesn’t make sense. What’s even more annoying is that it only does this for my trombones and oboes, but the bassoons look fine. Help!

COSMOS RESCORE.dorico (1.2 MB)

When I open the project, I see no problem…

The issue is that as far as Dorico’s concerned, there are no rests between the textural changes in the trombones and oboes, so it has to treat the whole excerpt as a single phrase.

Put a Condensing Change at the start of bar 22 with nothing ticked apart from the Oboes in the left side. Put another Condensing Change at the start of 25 (letter C) with nothing ticked apart from the Trombones in the left side.

See also

and

Can they be combined?