Condensing Line Disappearing

To be honest I have not really tried it but assumed that it would work as “single” custom playing techniques definitely do condense. Will see whether I can get it to work later today.

1 Like

This simple example seems to work.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m forum-diving now. My single playing techniques are, in some cases, not appearing. I think it’s related to how Condensing Changes, divisi changes, and system breaks interact.

Yes, must be something in this area. I can definitely get them to condense here.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. Good to know it works!

1 Like

Nearly solved it. Messing with Notation Options → Condensing → Amalgamation approach for playing techniques is getting me somewhere…not sure it’s working as I expect though.

Make sure the playing techniques are exactly the same on both staves. Best is to copy them down with „Duplicate to staff below“

1 Like

Is there any plan to address this issue at all? I’m trying to preserve the following arrow line in the Alto part (measure 4) of an SATB chorale when condensed:

Here is the condensed version, the line has disappeared, and I’m not even able to select the notes in condensed mode to create a line again.

Yes, we do plan to implement support for condensing lines in a future version of the software.

Nice, I didn’t know about this duplication function. I had been copy/pasting manually. Thanks.

It’s one of my most used features, and it applies to everything you can select. You can duplicate a whole line down for example, and then with the lock rhythm feature (pressing L while in Note Input) quickly respell it to get a homophone structure.

( Beware, though. If the playing technique is added at the start of a tuplet, duplicating it like this will lead to the tuplet being duplicated with the playing technique. It’s a known limitation).

And hi :wave:t4:! :slight_smile:

2 Likes