Condensing Problems - Mystery rests and numbers

Hi Team,
I’ve got condensing issues! :sob:

With condensing switched on, I’m getting numbers duplicated and rests added where they shouldn’t be (and against my notation preferences for the project).

Here are a couple of examples:
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 3.09.11 pm
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 3.09.19 pm

In both of the above examples, the second instrument is completely silent:
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 3.13.43 pm
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 3.13.54 pm

I’ve tried manual condensing, resetting the condensing, and inputting the notes from scratch.

The really weird thing is this behaviour goes against my notation preferences for inactive players:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:pray:

My suggestion is to upload some kind of a project that we can investigate.

Hi Daniel,
Can’t on a public forum, as this is a commercial project.
Cheers!

Not even a 4-bar snippet with no title or other material that isn’t affecting this issue?

1 Like

In bar 23, the 2nd player below the one with notes in bar 23 has a totally blank bar. This suggests rests have been removed manually, and therefore the next rest will have the Starts voice property set.

Try selecting the blank staff below the player with notes in that section (ideally this whole phrase, e.g. b22-25) and press Delete to reset those rests. Then check if that’s improved the condensing result.

Ditto for the 2nd example, make sure those rests aren’t explicit as that might be affecting the condensing.

What happens if near the bottom of the settings for Notation Options > Condensing, you change the Minimum length of range of rests to allow hiding to one and a half quarter notes (crotchets)? This is what I get:

1 Like

Thanks John, that seems to have been the solution! Everything was sorted out instantly. I appreciate the advice (and also thanks Lillie for your suggestion too!).

Cheers!