Condensing request

Condensing is marvellous!
I have a score where trumpets 1 and 2 are in harmony, but trumpet 3 plays the same as trumpet 1. Condensing doubles the notes with stems up and down for 1 and 3. Would it be possible in future to show just the two parts but with 1,3 on the top one?

Hi Steve,

I haven’t had a chance to try out condensing much yet, but if you create a custom condensing group with Tpts 1 and 3 loaded into it, does it give you the result you’re hoping for? (EDIT: Apologies, on second thought now I understand that you want it all on one stave.)

Yes, all on one. In other places the trumpet are chordal which condenses well, as it does when trumpet 3 is independent but below 1 and 2. It’s just here where it’s above 2 and exactly the same as 1.

I’m guessing here, but I would imagine the current engine could resolve a double label rather than a double stem with a new preference option added. They are going to be adding manual condensing changes and hopefully this might also help by allowing you to control specific areas and override the defaults.