- Create an empty project.
- Create instrument track (e. g. HS3).
- Turn its fader in mixer down to -70 dB.
3a. Try with your midi keyboard that the track indeed plays nearly silently.
- Right click mixer channel and chose ‘save track preset’.
- Delete instrument track.
- Create a new instrument track (again HS3).
- Load track preset you created in step 4.
The fader graphically jumps to -70 dB, but when you play something on your MIDI keyboard, it shows that it still sounds with 0 dB. Regarding the fader level, sound and graphics do not match.
Move the fader with your mouse a little bit. Now the sound instantly turns to the correct value.
Edit: Corrected numbering of repro steps.