Noticed this today.
Alteration of parameters (such as changing instruments) to a VSTi (Halion SE) do not mark the score as changed. Ctrl-S not responded to and Save in the File menu remains grayed out until an edit is made to an object in the score. No “*” is added to the file name at the top of the score.
Expected behavior: Chaning parameters in the VSTi’s hosted by Dorico, should trigger a “changed” single.
Steps to reproduce:
- load a score into Dorico with five instruments (string orchestra 2 Vln, 1 Vio, 1 VC, 1 DB)
- add notes to all staves
- save score
- reopen score
- go immediately to play tab and call up Halion SE 2 interface
- change 1 or more instruments
- close Halion SE interface
- Return to write mode without changing anything else
- Note the absence of an “*” added, that CTRL-S does nothing, and “Save” is grayed out in the file menu.
Workaround: use “Save As” from the file menu and overwrite the current file or give it a new name
Tested System: Dorico 1.1, Halion SE 2, Win10