Confused about how to store a bulk dump

I’m using SE - I want to save data from my Roland sound module (JV1080) but I’m not sure how to do it. A Steinberg help page says:

In the Record section, deactivate the SysEx checkbox to make sure that the recording of SysEx data is not filtered.

But I don’t have such a checkbox.

Not really familiar with SE, does it have a version number?

Anyway, if there is no dialog box to filter different types of MIDI events such as SyEx data you should be able to just record the dump to a midi track. Use the List Editor afterwards to view the data.
Some small Cubase versions had a SysEx filter as a menu item, probably a sub menu from Filter. Have a look if your version has that.

1. In the Preferences dialog, select MIDI > MIDI Filter.
  2. In the Record section, deactivate the SysEx checkbox to make sure that the recording of
    SysEx data is not filtered.

Thanks for your reply. Version 3.0.2

I managed to do a bulk dump - and in the List Editor there all lots of small, grey oblong blocks…so seems to have worked.

Thanks peakae - I managed to do that. The JV1080 documentation tells you to match Midi channel and device ID number. I set the track recording channel in Cubase to the System Midi channel of the JV, but could not find a device ID for Cubase. Not sure if this is important. The JV allows ID (or Unit) numbers from 17 to 32.

So going back the other way (to test that everything has work) - I can do a bulk copy on my JV1080 and set specifically what should be copied (for example, just a single patch)…so do I just play the Cubase track and then start my JV bulk copy?

I just want to copy one patch but am hesitating in case it copies the lot and overwrites all my patches.

To send SysEx from Cubase to the JV you have to enable the JV to receive SysEx data. Afterwards you play back the recorded data on the midi track in Cubase. The track must be routed to the JV, of course. That is all.