Confused with locking wav after slice/edit...

So here is my problem:

I try to edit the bass of a project. Create slice points succesfully and slice. Then the waveform in the main windows gets this “block” look and I cannot edit it there, I have to right click and open a new edit window where everything behaves differently than in the main window. I see that “event start” thing slider and generally I am really confused.

Is there any way to edit/slice a single waveform and still remain like any other waveform in the main window, not going “block”, event etc?

Please, any input would help a lot…

I think no-one is answering as the question seems somewhat confused.

Do yo understand the difference between events & parts in Cubase…this is a basic of how it works & you need to understand it.

That said…It sounds like you are describing a part but just slicing events shouldn’t put them into a part…how are you doing the slicing?

Thank you for your reply:)

I am trying to edit a bass like someone edits multiple channels of a drum take. Double right click on the wav then in the editor window creating and editing the slice points and in the end slice. After slicing the wav on the main Cubase window looks like a block and it is very difficult to edit it, behaves weirdly…

I am definitely confused between events-parts but the only thing I want is being able to use the new Cubase 6 edit options on single instrument channels that are not drumms (like bass, guitars etc) without locking the waveforms on the main Cubase window…

I am trying to edit a bass like someone edits multiple channels of a drum take. Double right click on the wav then in the editor window creating and editing the slice points and in the end slice. After slicing the wav on the main Cubase window looks like a block and it is very difficult to edit it, behaves weirdly.

OK…I just had a quick play & I think I see what you are doing.

Once you’ve set hitpoints instead of “create slices” use the “create events” command in the sample editor…this creates the events directly in the project window without compiling them into a part.

Another thought…with the slicing you’ve already done all you need to do is highlight the parts & select dissolve part from the audio menu.