Congrats, and maybe time to consider a DFI forum

Congrats to the team on the new release. It’s a lot of work to bring a product to a new platform in a shape that can compare to the mature product.

I foresee that there will be many posts on Dorico-for-iPad on here. It might be time to consider a separate forum space for that, since the products are quite different. Just a thought

3 Likes

Thank you adrien! The team have worked extremely hard on this release.

Given the overlap of functionality between Dorico for desktop and iPad, I don’t anticipate we will create a separate forum category for the iPad version. We will continue to encourage people to tag their posts with “dorico-for-ipad”.

If you’d prefer to not see iPad-related posts in Discourse’s “latest” view, you can add the iPad tag to the “muted tags” section in your account preferences.

2 Likes

If forum posters follow the General Guidelines and specify what version of the program they are using, there should not be any confusion having everything in one forum.

1 Like

Thanks Ben, yes I noticed the tags after I posted.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel!
You answered my question about “How to blacklist tags” before I could post it :smiley:

I’m finding the forum a bit overwhelming now that there is a mix of iPad and Desktop posts. However, I completely understand why you’ve chosen to set it up that way.

Can I suggest that new threads require users to state which platform they’re referring to - make that field mandatory? A real cheek as I don’t think I’ve ever set a tag here before, but I’m happy to be made to do so…

3 Likes

The day it was released I started a thread asking people to clarify which version they were using when asking questions. It IS frustrating when people aren’t clear about which they are using.

3 Likes

We’re not going to make tags mandatory, but we will make sure that any threads concerning the iPad version have the appropriate tag, so you can skip over them if you wish.

2 Likes