Connection Cubase IC Pro Cubase 6 Win7 ipad air

Hi,
I’ve read many posts on this forum but still I can’t connect using Cubase IC Pro.
I’m running Cubase 6 on Windows 7 and installed Steinberg SKI Remote version 1.0.1.34. My iPad is the Air first generation and just bought Cubase IC Pro from the App Store at 30$ canadian.
I’ve already have a Wireless router from which I get internet connection for both my Dell XPS 17 laptop and my iPad Air.
The Steingerg SKI Remote is selected in my Devices Configuration of Cubase but I don’t get any available computer on the Cubase IC Pro window. Entering the IP address will result to a message saying “received bad response code from server 500”.
I’ve tried the 2 other SKI software and got to a point where it will connect using the top version but no audio channel is visible (except for the Control room) on the app.
I’m on my 3rd day trying but just can’t wait to go back to music, the reason why I bought Cubase and now this IC Pro app.
Would you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Alain

Hi Alain,

sorry for the inconvenience… do both devices have static IP addresses through your router?

Best,
RG

Hi Ricardo,
My laptop is DHCP. Does it require a static ip?
Thanks!
Alain

Hi Alain,

best first try to solve is always to assign static IPs to all devices.

Please let me know.

Best,
RG

Ricardo,
I’ve tried with both units on static IP on my internet network and also on the adhoc network but still the app can’t find any computer. If I give it the laptop IP it spits out the error about the code 500.
Could it be a combination cubase 6 vs SKI version?
Like I mentionned I tried the top version of SKI and at least the app was seeing the laptop and had some display but no channel.
So I bought AC-X that allow me control of 8 tracks and eventually 16 but I’d prefer to have Cubase IC Pro working.
Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks again!

Hi Alain,

yes unfortunately you are correct… 6.5 would be the minimum Version to work with IC Pro. :unamused:

Best,
RG

Hi Ricardo,
At least we have the answer even though I would have prefered it worked.
What the next step for me. How can I get my money back from apple store?
Does it need to be approved by someone at Steinberg?
Thanks for your help Ricardo.
Alain

Hi Alain,

refunds are completely under Apple and iTunes control.

As Apple is your contractual partner for all items sold through the iTunes store, you will have to cancel your order in the iTunes store directly. You can contact the iTunes support and ask for a refund. This usually requires the invoice number of the app purchased.

Hope that helps.

Best,
RG