Considering "downgrading" to 32-bit. Thoughts?

I just upgraded from Cubase SL 2.0 running Groove Agent 1, to Cubase 6 running Groove Agent 3. Problem was I could not get Groove Agent 3 to work. Tech support told me to do the following…

In Cubase, go to Devices - Plugin Information and click on VST 2.x Plugins Paths. In VST Plugins Paths, make sure that these folder locations are listed there:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Steinberg/VST
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VST Plugins
C:/Program Files/Common Files/Steinberg/VST
C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VST Plugins

You can click the “Add” button to add locations that are listed above but not in your program. The “x86” locations are for non 64bit applications. Once you’ve added these locations and restarted Cubase, Groove Agent 3 should be recognized.

This did work and completely resolved the problem I was having in 32 bit mode. However, 64 bit mode is a bit different. While these changes did allow me to access GA3, I still cannot record with it. I can however go a side route by setting my active area and double-clicking the MIDI track which will create an empy track. I can then create note by note, or paste my notes and then GA3 will then work. Not as good as the old days but it does work. I do wish they’d offer a patch for this though…

Now I am a bit worried. I have a fresh install of Win 7 Pro 64 bit 8Gb RAM i5 7200RPM 1st and 2nd Drives all updated SP1 etc… Cubase 6.0.4, a brand new MR816 CSX with the latest firmware and drivers just setup today with no 3rd party plugins yet and I too am having skipping in any new recorded project as well as old projects from my old setup. This really makes me have 2nd thoughts. Any help for us with this issue would be greatly appreciated.