Consistent recording modes for MIDI and AUDIO

We request the option to have the same recording modes available for both audio and midi. Especially when NOT in cycle mode it should be possible with midi as well (just as it is with audio) that existing lanes are muted automatically when recording the next take/next lane. This should of course be an option !
As an extention we request that all midi recording modes are also available for audio including the option to play back existing audio lanes while recording the next one. Of course this also has to be an option to select.

4 Likes

hi Elien, totally agree

I think this is this thread: ?

don’t forget the ‘vote’ function :slight_smile:

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. The current method of merging the newly recorded midi to the previously recorded track just serves no purpose when I’ve already selected exactly the opposite in my midi recording preferences.

absolutely +111111111111111111

M

found this trying to figure out why my midi takes were not being muted and everything was playing at once (!!!) why this is different than audio is beyond me…

+1…would be really, really helpful during creative sessions/projects!

+1 :slight_smile:

+1.
I recently did a live recording session of a midi piano and singing at the same. It is so weird and annoying (also unlogical) why i always have to mute the previous take manually when it works just fine with audio.

I can see the possible need to have the previous take play back when you do overdubbing. I could be a little checkbox “listen previous take” for both midi and audio. So they behave the same. Easy and useful fix.

Thanks!

Yes, I don’t understand the intended workflow? If we want to record multiple takes and only select the best, we should be able to do it without manually muting the previous take…