Constant crashes are really ticking me off!!!!

Hi, I’m currently running Cubase LE AI Elements 9 (64 bit) version 9.0.40 on a MacBook Pro with macOS X High Sierra.

I can load a project just fine…but when I load my fx chain preset (which includes an amp simulator, pedal sim and VSTDynamics) and play my guitar for a bit, It crashes. This also happens when I try to click on the VSTDynamics plug-in in the inserts section. This has been happening for months now and it’s really irritating me. I tried doing all the troubleshoot fixes in this article here and it still doesn’t fix the problem: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206087344-Troubleshooting-for-Cubase-Nuendo-and-Sequel-on-Mac-OS-X

I’m not sure if upgrading to 10 will fix any issues. I don’t wanna dump 100 bucks on a new version of a DAW if the same problem is gonna continue, not to mention the many forum threads about that crashing too.

This is an extremely fustrating problem. I wanna use Cubase more so I don’t have to deal the proprietary plug-in format garbage with Pro-tools. Cubase is my favorite DAW, but with this constant crashing, that title is on the line

Thank you to whoever is willing to help

Specs:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Hi and welcome,

I would recommend to download Cubase Elements 10 Trial. You can try if it will crash or not.

With your current Cubase, I would recommend to uninstall it and trash Cubase preferences folder (if you have older Cubase preferences, trash them too). Don’t forget to make a backup before.