- running latest version
I recently upgraded to Cubasis 3 after having and using vs 2 for many years. Constant crashes on my old vs1 pro told me it was about time I got a new IPad, so I bought the large 12.9 pro woohoo! To then find Cubasis 3 crashes even worse on a brand new iPad is driving me nuts! I’d say it crashes 4 - 5 times every time I use it, and have had four instances where I can’t get the play head to play, (tried opening other projects and starting a new one, as well as turning the iPad off, and doing a hard reset….nothing seems to instantly fix it, closing the app does absolutely nothing. ….but leave it five or ten minutes and it fixes itself?
- EDIT. Since posting this, the issue with the play head not playing has happened four more times, this is getting a joke! Should I uninstall and try again?
- 2nd edit. Today I deleted and reinstalled cubasis3 and yet still, the play button will not play, exceedingly frustrated to say the least! Am I the only one with this issue?
I’ve also had issues with all my hardware being designed for the old lightning input, (mic, and two audio interfaces) and found both interfaces would not record audio until I stumbled on the fact if I change the mono input for recording onto 2 rather than the default 1 for some reason I can then record (this is, I assume an iPad issue, as I can no longer use my two guitar tuner apps as they don’t receive the input signal, does anyone know how to fix this? - I am using an official usb to usbc adaptor.
-I get extremely annoyed with lots of small issues too like:
- Copying and pasting an audio section selects both the original AND the pasted version grrrrrr! So annoying when you go to move the pasted piece, or edit it and it effects the original!
- the new pinch zooming that zooms all the way out, then decides your fingers have crossed so it zooms wayyyyy back out again grrr
- when you select a midi track to edit, it sometimes doesn’t go straight to where the midi tack recording is, it stays at the playhead position, so, you have to zoom right out to find the midi notes, then zoom in?
- not having a headphone Jack on the new iPad Pro is just absolutely CRAZY! (Not a Cubasis issue) but with Bluetooth headphones constantly turning off in the Cubasis settings when I have to shut the app because of bugs, or it crashing definitely is annoying! It would be nice for Cubasis to REMEMBER I want to use Bluetooth headphones to monitor seems Apple want to be so darn awkward.
I do love a LOT of the new Cubasis 3 features, being able to colour individual audio sections is by far my favourite, but, I never had ANY issues for all the years I used vs2 yet this one seems to constantly frustrate me