Contiguous track

How do I take a track that isn’t the full length of the timeline (a punch in) and make it a contiguous track. I’m trying to export from Nuendo to a project file that can be opened in pro tools with all tracks full timeline length so the engineer doesn’t have to guess starting positions. Sorry for the rookie explanation.

I desperately need this if anyone knows how. Simply cant figure it out.

Click on an event with the right lenght & position and press P for selecting the
correct range in the time line automatically.

Solo the track to be exported and do it …there u are.
If you don’t have sample tracks to adjust the lenght to, just drag the markers in the time line into position.

Was this what you are looking for?
:slight_smile:

Cheers, Big K

That’s it. Thanks. Audio mixdown does it.

Set your L and R makers to the full length timeline, select your track, mute all others and run the Export Audio Mixdown function.
Select a new file name, file format and properties.
A new full length individual file will be created.

alternative:
use BWAV (Broadcast wave) as file format, each file will have its own timecode position relative to the song. On import just select to position it at its origin - in this case no need for a full length timeline file.

f

Hi …
What you suggested in “B” is exactly what I told him, too… Only just to the range of a given event with the correct total lenght ( if it begins at PT project’s startpoint ), because the starting point of the PT project might not be the same as in the Nuendo npr.

There are a few ways to achieve this task. You might also want to ask for a omf file, and work to that…

Big K