Continuously crashes Cubase Pro 11

Every time I try to put a VST loop or sample into my music, it locks up the program…Cubase 11 Pro, Windows 10, 64 bit…

Hi,

Could you ZIP and attach a DMP file, please?

Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Martin,

Here you go…Scott

(Attachment Cubase 11.0.0.300 64bit 2021.1.4 15.06.10.014.dmp is missing)

Try #2…Scott

Cubase 11.0.0.300 64bit 2021.1.4 15.06.10.014.zip (75.2 KB)

1 Like

Any time, I accessed the mediabay it froze that program…So I looked at previous suggestions…An this worked…
“To reset the MediaBay database, delete (or rename) the mediabay3.db file in the preferences folder. To reset MediaBay window settings, delete (or rename) MediaDefaults.xml and MediaFactoryDefaults.xml files.”

1 Like

Hi,

I have just reported it to Steinberg anyway. It just shouldn’t crash…

By any chance, do you have a backup of the deleted/renamed files, please? Could you share them?

Martin,
Here are those files…Scott

Desktop.zip (3.64 MB)

1 Like

Hi,

Awesome! Thank you very much.

Hi,

Could you please put your corrupted files back, and get in to the state, when Cubase becomes frozen. Then could you use Microsoft ProcDump to generate another DMP file, please?

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 11:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase11

Nuendo 11:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo10

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

I will try this tomorrow and let you know. Scott

Martin,
Here are the dump files…>Scott

(Attachment Procdump.zip is missing)

Hi,

Unfortunately the attachment is missing.

Martin,
I am setting up a shared Dropbox for you…Let me know when you receive
the share folder and File…Scott

Hi,

I’m afraid, I haven’t received any link, sorry.

Martin,
Here is the link…There is another problem that I am experiencing with
11pro and that is the latency issue…I even brought the buffer size
down to 16 and it still didn’t do any good…Any suggestions? Scott

Link:

Martin,
Here are my settings:

Did you find out the problem?