Control Room Inserts - How To Manage FX Chains Presets?

I’ve been accepting this for years now, but I’m rebuilding my monitoring setup quite often these days, that’s why I dare to ask:

How am I supposed to manage different plug-in chains on the Control Room level? I always assumed that the presets in the VST Connections would somehow take care for that, but apparently they don’t.

… please tell me that I’m missing the obvious …

What you mean exactly?
You can apply different plugins on different positions…

Thanks, that much I know. :wink: I want to manage complete FX Chains, like we can do in case of conventional track inserts:

“Plug-in A / Setting 1 > Plug-in B / Setting 2 = Chain Preset X”
“Plug-in B / Setting 15 > Plug-in B / Setting 4 = Chain Preset Y”

I make full use of all four Monitor paths, some of them 3D and surround with lots of routing issues to solve, so replacing plug-ins individually, manually, one-by-one, plus selecting the proper settings for each of them is actually no valid option (although I do it that way ATM).

Reply to myself: By solving another Control Room-related issue I found out by incident that the Control Room Presets save the Monitor-inserts, too. :sunglasses:

… not as elegant as dedicated track-chain presets (due to the fact that all monitor paths are part of those Control Room presets right now, rather than individual ones), but better than nothing.

2 Likes

but to save the entire setup is not a bad idea at all
improvements are still possible…

thanks buddy i wad breaking my head on this

1 Like