Control room mixer in lower zone in C9?

So I have to either open the main MixConsole window, or the track editor, or navigate up to the inspector to change routing.

Do you see how it interrupts workflow when functionality is spread around like that, rather than simply having the routing in the Lower Zone mixer, especially when routing is probably the smallest section of the mixer?

In what way is it a logical design choice to split the mixer into three windows and to not have the option (that’s all I’m asking for) to display which features I need when other DAW’s do an excellent job of it, everything is in front of you, easy to access. No scrollbars required. It’s a much faster way of working.

In it’s current form I can’t see what affect inserts or sends are having on fader values without either navigating back to the fader view, opening the MixConsole or opening the fader in the inspector (despite being pinned, it always closes, a whole other issue).

‘Go to S1’ isn’t a helpful reply. I do use Logic and Studio One regularly as well as Cubase, and their implementation is simply much better, everything you need is right in front of your eyes without any further windows or clicks between views needed. They take up around as much space as the Cubase Lower Zone faders view does in C9.

Of course everyones needs are different and opinions will vary, but you seem to be immediately dismissing any legitimate criticisms of the MIxConsole out of hand.

I’m happily using the MIxConsole in it’s usual window, but that sort of defeats the point of the Lower Zone mixer to start with doesn’t it?

How did you ever get by pre 9? :smiley: